Pages

torstai 3. tammikuuta 2013

10e régiment de cuirassiers

Couldn't resist buying a box of Perry French heavy cavalry to paint. The models are just fabulous and some change from painting all the british miniatures was also welcome. I picked the 10th Regiment as it fought in the same area of Waterloo as my 5th Division project and it also happens to have the nicest uniform of all the Cuirassier units (and pink also happens to be the color of my student overalls)




I undercoated the models with an airbrush using a combination of black, grey and white to do some pre shading before painting the horses up using different shades of brown and grey. I think the end result looks nice enough even though I probably should have done it with a higher contrast. 

Helps speed up the painting process too as no highlights are really required for the horses and even the riders can be completed with only one layer in most places as the undercoat shines through. Finished the whole thing up with an oil wash applied at some strategic places.








The bases have some additional casualties and abandoned gear from both my bitz box and the Perry heavy cavalry box to show them charging through the battlefield. Some unfortunate chaps from the 1st Royals and some unidentified French regiment are left to be trampled.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti