Pages

lauantai 24. toukokuuta 2014

Liebstered

Well Paul at Dog of War put me up for a Liebster award. Thank you for that!



A lot of the blogs I've been reading have already been nominated so I think I'll give up on trying to find 11 blogs and try to focus on a few interesting ones that need more exposure! And maybe throw in some Nordic flavor to spice things up a bit.

Jason Myers with two blogs actually! Both have been a quiet since last summer but have sprung back to life recently and will hopefully keep going strong! His main blog Der Feldmarschall has a lot of interesting history bits and a combined Immer Vorwärts blog contains an interesting 1813 Napoleonic project in 28mm.

Mazikainen is a fellow Finn with a blog containing some great looking games, especially in 6mm so go check it out. On Wargames and Such

Juha is one of the "Grand old men" at my gaming club and has a blog called Mentor. Mainly in Finnish only, but a lot of eye candy that seems to be universally comprehensible!

And another one from my club, this time by Mika. Femoral Head Ostectomy has crazy amounts of pictures from both Mika's own projects and from club events. Especially his Vietnam themed Ork army for 40k has some nice conversions to check out.

Burkhard has a great blog "dhcwargamesblog" with a lot of amazing eye candy too! And plenty of different projects so you can find something from everyone from there.

I guess I'll leave it at that at least for now! And now for the (trick) questions.

1. Why did you start blogging?
Mainly to chronicle my painting for myself and try to keep a track on my projects. Showcasing painting on the side never hurt either .)


2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be?
Probably the social status that comes with it. At least here in Finland it's usually seen as a little kids hobby by a lot of people and you don't necessarily want to advertise this as your main hobby. People mainly just see the small plastic and lead "toys" and don't realize that there is more to the hobby than just pushing them around while grinning like a madman.


3. What is best in life?



4. Do you want to live forever?
Who would? I'd imagine that it would be a bit boring. Plus the amount of space needed for all the wargaming stuff accumulated over that time would be crazy...


5. Fame or fortune?
Fortune naturally! It's better to rule from the shadows with your fortune than be the famous puppet who takes the fall when things go south :)


6. What miniatures are you most proud of having painted?
This is a difficult choice. I'd probably go with my Nurgle Daemon Prince or a Napoleonic casualty marker that both had quite a bit of conversion work done on them.





7. How do you deal with burnout?
Computer games and sports. Either going to the gym or riding one of my bikes or then playing World of Tanks or Battlefield 4 on my computer.

8. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Both can be used to write a message, but neither can write one.

9. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Wars naturally! Though I'd probably put Battlestar Galactica quite high on the list too!


10. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be?
Definately Warlord Games. The sheer amount of ranges would still give a nice selection of subjects.


11. What is your favourite takeaway?
I rarely eat any takeaway, but I guess I'd have to go with a very Finnish After-bar dish called 'Makkaraperunat'. Basically greasy sausages with fries and a lot of sauce!

  

7 kommenttia:

  1. Congrats mate. Well deserved indeed.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Nice answers, glad you liked being "Liebstered"! Keep up the great work, cheers, Paul.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Congratulations... you have worked hard for it!

    And thanks for nominating me. I have now passed the torch on.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Congrats! and thanks again for the nomination.

    VastaaPoista