Pages

tiistai 25. marraskuuta 2014

Painting Challenge preparation

With the start of the fifth Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge drawing closer preparation is ramping up. I haven't picked up the brushes for over a week, but that doesn't mean nothing has been happening. Last week I got a game of Flames of War in and on top of that I've been prepping quite a few minis.

I have two main projects that I'm trying to tackle during the challenge. A Barbarossa era German Panzerschützen army for Flames of War and 28mm Napoleonics for Waterloo. Roughly 1800 points of Flames of War and 8 battalions of Napoleonics with some cavalry regiments should keep me occupied quite nicely indeed. After learning from last year I'm not going to really plan what I'm painting as I'll get frustrated with some project anyway and things will get pushed back :)

To counter this frustration I've prepped quite a few other random projects as well like a band of Samurai to use in Ronin, some more SAGA  miniatures and 28mm German Bolt Action minis. With the fortnight challenges this should definately keep me busy and give some variety between the two main projects.

Before the challenge begins there are some projects to finish up so I can have my table emptied. I have a bunch of Pioniers for Bolt Action about 80% finished as well as some single minis like the Helbrute that I used for Airbrush training. Somehow these seem to take ages, but hopefully they are finally gone soon :)









7 kommenttia:

  1. Not long now, looking forward to seeing what you produce this year.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. The same goes for your work too :) Can't wait to see the dioramas etc. that you'll cook up this year

      Poista
  2. I'm doing the same as you. I've got some things locked in stone. However I know my interest can change with a whim, I've some random things pulled out just in case.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Variety really keeps things interesting. I can't really understand the people who can work on one single project for years on end without any other subjects in between

      Poista
  3. Good move to have a range of different projects on the go. Keeps the enthusiasm up and avoids burnout. Looking forward to seeing the Panzerschutzen and the Samurai especially! Have you played much Ronin before?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. No Ronin for me yet. A clubmate has the rules and was wanting to have a go with it at one point. I had bought a few Perry Samurai blisters a while back just for fun as I like the history of the Samurai quite a bit, and now the painting challenge should present quite a nice chance to paint them up finally.

      Poista
  4. Hey Samuli! Great to see your prep work. I tried to send you an email but it bounced - can you send me a note so we can set up communication? Thanks! Curt

    VastaaPoista