Pages

sunnuntai 15. maaliskuuta 2015

Painting Challenge entries 11 & 12: German WW2 personalities and guards

I've been keeping busy with another two entries again. As they are similarily themed and due to Curt's holidays were posted just few days apart instead of the normal week I'll just post them here at the same time. I've been working longer hours since starting at a new job in the beginning of the month so no spectacular progress on the painting front, but still something to show for a few weeks of work. With these done I'm at 999 points with 1000 being my goal. The entry mini is still to be finished as are the 4 Infinity models that I started already in December so I'll be achieving my goal even though I didn't paint even half of what I had lined up in the beginning. Then again I've painted quite a bit of things I had no plans to do when the challenge started.

I painted these up for a club Bolt Action games day where I was hosting a game featuring a British assault on a German HQ and needed some guardsmen and other miscellaneous figures. The first batch is Warlord Games with their Feldgendarmerie and "Guarding the Chateau" packs both included here as well as some extras like the surrendering Jerry and Sgt Steiner. Quality wise these "new" packs are definately of a lower quality than some of the previous Warlord metals. The difference is very apparent especially in their faces. Might be a new sculptor or then these are some really old moulds that they've just dug up again.






The second batch is from Wargames Foundry. These are some of their older Perry sculpts and do include some wonderfully characterful poses. Especially the guardsman with his arms crossed, head held down with eyes almost closed while trudging along on his route, is just perfect and pretty much sums up what most soldiers feel when having to stand guard.





7 kommenttia:

  1. Excellent work Samuli, some real characters in that lot! I really like how you've painted the glasses, and the weathered effect your highlighting gives. Great stuff :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Paul! Yeah I'm trying to paint these fairly quick so just a wash and a highlight after that.

      Poista
  2. Some fantastic additions to your forces here. Apparently the Warlord ones are really old sculpts that predate Warlord.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Paul! Yeah I think these are some of the first Bolt Action sculpts that are now just being re-released

      Poista
  3. Awesome! Wonderful work on these guys!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Excellent work, so highly detailed! Cheers!

    VastaaPoista