Pages

perjantai 2. lokakuuta 2015

Happy Tanktober!

I've been a bit lazy taking pics of what I've painted recently, but in the meantime it's time to celebrate Tanktober! The one time where promoting tracked metal beasts is not only acceptable, but highly recommended!

More painted tanks will come this month, but I'll start with pics of real tanks. Though in this case it will actually be an Infantry Fighting Vehicle, but since it weighs more than most WW2 tanks did and packs more punch I think it can pass.

Behold the BAE Systems Häglunds CV-90. Used by Finland amongst many other countries, it was the vehicle that my battalion was using during my military service. Mostly used by armored infantry it was also in use by mechanized reconnaissance where I was serving. I guess you could say we liked to cover our vehicles with a bit more camouflage material than normal :)



9 kommenttia:

  1. Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! Nothing beats riding around in a portable pine thicket :)

      Poista
  2. Tanktober or bust!

    Have you been enjoying my daily Tanktober pic challenge? :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. It's been fun to follow :) Couple of interesting and definitely more uncommon choices as well.

      Poista
    2. I liked going through my old holidays pics to find them too :-)

      Poista