Pages

perjantai 26. helmikuuta 2016

Painting Challenge entry 10: Sturmpioniere

Back in business with something totally different this time. I'll let a gem of Australian TV introduce my subject this time!




So with the formalities done it's time to present my Sturmpioniere! I was cleaning the cabinets last weekend and came upon a box full of readily based and built Germans. When people at my club got into Bolt Action a couple of years back I quickly built a large Red Devils force and figured I'd build a German army as well to have the opposition ready as well. I built a  large force, but only really got a few squads painted before something else came up and they got packed away. With a Bolt Action game day coming up and I promised to run a scenario, I figured it would be a good time to paint them now that I uncovered them again!



So 23 foot miniatures and the Goliath demolition vehicle, which probably counts as another infantry figure as well as it's rather tiny. 120 more points to add to my target. I'm still a bit behind schedule, but with over 600 points out of 1000 I'm starting to feel a bit more confident about being able to reach my target. After these there's still most of the support weapons left, but as I don't really need them for the scenario they will unfortunately most likely just go back into the cabinet.

Two evil officers. Warlord has a knack for doing these Commando style evil nazis. Great looking minis, but a tad bit cliched.



All are from Warlord, with most minis from their Pionier box. I spiced them up with some head swaps and some later equipment from the Grenadier box. The officers are metal offerings. The plastics are pretty nice, but I still prefer the metals that Warlord has. Much more character! Paint job wise I went for quick and dirty again with a wash and highlights for the uniform and major equipment. I had an autumn theme running on the previous germans bases so continued with the same on these.

Regular Pioniers with varied equipment





With the end of the challenge looming I really need to start finalizing some projects. I have a lot of Epic Armageddon started that I've been slowly painting every now and then. My Curtgeld entry is still in it's infancy with the models cleaned, but nothing else done. Add to that the random single minis that I have on the desk.

Specialized Pioneer equipment. Goliath, flame-thrower, Sturmpistole, breaching charges and all kinds of other equipment.



As an afterthought this is pretty much what I had in mind when going through my cabinets... Too many projects, too little time! Probably should minimize random purchases, but that would be slightly boring...



6 kommenttia:

  1. They are stunning and that final picture made me giggle.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Michael! The pic is frighteningly accurate as well :)

      Poista
  2. Well done Samuli! You're cranking out quite some stuff this year again.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! Still does tend to pale in comparison to quality you've been putting out :)

      Poista
  3. Excellent minis, thanks for sharing!

    VastaaPoista